Tuesday 6 November 2012

Splurge, Sensible And Steal: The Sequinned Dress

Now personally, this whole sequinned dress thing for the most part reminds me of my traumatic time in the local calisthenics group.  But then I saw the 'splurge' dress and changed my mind.  To be clear, I cannot afford the splurge dress, and if I could, I am not convinced I have anywhere to wear it, but damn do I want it!

Hopefully you know how this works by now!  I pick a theme and then create three outfits based on a 'splurge', 'sensible' and 'steal' price point.  

I do the best with what we have here in Australia, I confess for this one I had to go offshore more than I like to as a) the splurge dress is what gave me this theme and its overseas and b) getting a steal dress in Australia that is not sold out in every size is getting harder and harder and I want to post items that are in stock enough that people can purchase them if they want to.


SPLURGE

More is More - Sequinned Splurge

More is More - Sequinned Splurge 


I've kept the accessories to a bare minimum for all of these dresses, and I think you can see why!  With this much bling on the boddy you don't need anything else apart from shoes and a clutch for your lippy.  To accessories this I would honestly only wear studs in my ears and maybe a plain bangle.  But I am a bit boring....

Featuring (price low to high)
Remember Me?  The Lady Garland Clutch has also been featured in this post...


SENSIBLE

She Sparkle's

She Sparkle's 


I would have preferred a clutch a bit more 'clear champagne' than what I found, but c'est la vie.  This outfit unfortunately involves importing still but most of it is available here in Australia.

Featuring (price low to high)
Remember Me?  The Lydia Clutch has also been featured in this post...


STEAL

Sequinned Seductress - Steal

Sequinned Seductress - Steal 

This was the only sequinned dress (with a decent size range available that I could find for under $60.00.  There might be more out there, but with the fabric embellishments I'm not sure how much cheaper you could find.

This is a very sexy look - I personally could not pull this off without looking cheap in the wrong way.  Proceed with caution!  But if you can do it - you will be rewarded with an outfit for well under $100.00!

Featuring (price low to high)

NB: The shoes are on a super sale - they were available in all sizes except for size 10 when I created this outfit - no promises as to their continual availability!  

No comments:

Post a Comment